2009年12月6日日曜日

Class #6 Time

1. Please explain a time proverb in your culture.
I think time is considered very valuable thing in my culture proverb. We can' t see the shape of time. And we can't grab the time. However I think that time is expresed as if we see or grab it in our proverb.


2. What do the following proverbs mean:
a. Time is money.

This is well-known. It means that time is very veluable as well as money, so we shouldn't be waste the time.

b. A stitch in time saves nine.
It means that we would rather do everything ahead of time. Then you wouldn't have to feel pressed.

c. There's no time like the present.
It means that you get a big oppotunity when you are said it someone.
This proveb express encouragement.

d.Let's meet at 4. If I'm not there by 5, leave without me at 6, and I'll be there at 7.
I'm sorry. I don't know this meaning, and I can't find it.

5 件のコメント:

  1. Me, too.
    I don't know about meaning of "d".
    I couldn't imagine that meaning ^^;

    返信削除
  2. I think "a stitch~"means you should do something that you have to do as soon as possible. If you do so, you won't regret or panic later.
    But your thought is also correct.

    返信削除
  3. Hi!!
    I didn't know the meaning of "There's no time like the present", but I've learned it! Thank you^^

    返信削除
  4. I think "A stitch in time saves nine" means that we would rather do everything ahead of time. We should do ahead of time. But I always don't do ahead of time, I always panic...

    返信削除
  5. Hi!!
    I'm sorry.
    I cannot understand.
    There is an opinion of the each person.
    As for time, are you important?

    返信削除